[ale] ldap and Samba

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 09:34:49 EST 2008

It's indeed lengthy, but what you probably care about the most is in Chapter 5.

You're butting up against the limits of my understanding, but it sounds as though in the scenario you describe, there does not have to be a Windows security domain at all as long as Win2K3 can authenticate users via LDAP on its own.  If so, you would have Win2K3, Samba, *and* Linux all three authenticating users via LDAP.  My inclination, though - and I'm going to be doing much the same thing here shortly - would be to center Linux and Samba around LDAP and hang Windows domains off of Samba, i.e., use a Samba PDC.

- Jeff

From: Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>