[ale] DVD authoring software?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Dec 10 08:24:30 EST 2008

I have a bunch of photos and a few .avi files I'd like to get burned to
DVD.  There seems to be a variety of programs out there to do it but I'm
looking for advice on which one to use.  I have a limited time available
so I'm looking for something without a steep learning curve.  I don't
need a lot of fancy features.  I don't have any sound.  I'm running
Ubuntu 8.04 or Centos 5.1 if that makes a difference.

If anyone knows of a tutorial that might help too.

Thanks,
Jim.