[ale] Latency on my DSL line

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Nov 7 21:15:45 EST 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 20:42, List wrote:
| Speedfactory used to be the best service and offered a competitive
| price. ?They have fallen rapidly in reliability and bottomed out in
| customer service over the past year or so. ?Pity, as there don't really
| seem to be any viable alternatives.

So far I have had no troubles with Speakeasy.net.  Every time I have
called for tech support I have gotten someone who is technically savvy,
understands standard commands, and is willing and able to
do what it takes to fix the problem if he can without having to get
permission from someone further along the food chain.  Hate to sound
snarky, but Speakeasy's techs all speak English as a first language.
Their service has been like Mindspring's was 15 years ago, before
Earthlink bought them out and the service went to Bangalore and then
to Manila.

Sean