[ale] ntfS-3g

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Jul 18 00:29:14 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 11:09:44 am timothy at meanor.net wrote:
> Generally speaking, the system will try to fsck everything in /etc/fstab on
> boot up. ?If a device in fstab is not available, the system will go into
> maintenance mode so you can fix the issue. ?You might be able to put a "0"
> in the sixth field of the fstab entry for your Mybook to tell it not to
> fsck it.

The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to  deter?
       mine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time.  The
       root filesystem should be specified with a fs_passno of  1,  and  other
       filesystems  should  have a fs_passno of 2.  Filesystems within a drive
       will be checked sequentially, but filesystems on different drives  will
       be  checked  at  the  same time to utilize parallelism available in the
       hardware.  If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value  of  zero
       is  returned  and fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to
       be checked.

nice, I'll try that and see what happens next time I reboot:)

thanks!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800