[ale] Can no longer boot one of my drives

List lst at wiencko.net
Thu Dec 20 10:18:07 EST 2007

Ouch.

Been a long time since I have had this type of problem, but when I did
it was a simple problem of the boot sector getting clobbered.  First
thing I would do is boot from an openSUSE CD and try to mount the FS
from the problem drive.  This will tell you if you have a bad hardware
problem or not.  If it mounts, I would repair/rebuild the boot sector(s)
everywhere (both drives) under the assumption that something got
slightly clobbered.

Hope you have good backups.

Tom