[ale] Cygwin

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Thu Dec 13 13:23:50 EST 2007

Hi,

I have hesitated about sending this in because Windows 2003 is
envolved and I hope I don't get blown away.

I am using Cygwin on 2003 because I am using Perl scripts to generate
Web pages on-the-fly and I am using concepts/properties that only
occur in the Linux environment.  So far (over a year), Cygwin has
been steady as a rock.

After there is an automatic update by Windows which causes Windows to
reboot, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes before access is available to
the Cygwin Apache site over The Internet even though ps - ef shows
six copies of Apache running (i.e., /usr/sbin/httpd six times).

Any help relative to what is going on would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry Bailey