[ale] AT&T dsl and Linux

Jim Seymour jim at wingbarscafe.com
Tue Dec 11 10:53:28 EST 2007

Hope all are doing well. I am changing my dsl provider to AT&T to take
advantage of the savings by bundling services. I know many ALE members
have a strong dislike for them. I have called AT&T about their fastest
service and was told they do not block any ports and do not have any
problem with me running a personal website on my home server. I stayed
away from any Linux questions as I felt that would be wasted time. So,
here are the Linux questions:

1) Is anybody out there using their Fastaccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 service
with Linux?

2) Any particular gotchas? I am currently using Speedfactory for DSL and
run Debian testing as the web/mail server.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jim Seymour <jim at wingbarscafe.com>