[ale] Geocaching, Linux, and appropriate GPS

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 11 01:54:26 EST 2007

Anybody done some geocaching and mixed it up with Linux somehow?  I found a bunch of cool links on Google with just "+linux +geocaching".

Another note:  Is there an all around good GPS available that does street stuff with the voice guiding directions, yet is good for topo maps and geocaching?  That involves hiking, maybe biking and so requires topo map compatibility.  I can always put a unit that is delicate in a case.  I like the fun stuff like altitude tracking, temperature, and so on.  I don't want a MP3 player or camera!   Seems like there are alot of overkill options on a lot of the street units.  What about Garmin versus Magellan?

I just found out about geocaching and had to check out whatever Linux connections there might be.
Thanks,
Dow

No sig.