[ale] new Distro

Patrick P parspe at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:26:05 EDT 2007

 I am working on a project to create a lightweight Linux workstation distro for older hardware, mainly PII and PIII machines. The goal is a functional desktop with easy installation and configuration. This is not a LiveCD like damn small linux but a complete installation distro. We could use a little help with testing and a few details if anyone has time or wants to.
 Basically, everything is together but we need to make sure nothing important is missing or see if anyone can think of some other applications that need to be added. We could also use some help with testing sound, printing , and possibly getting together some information (documentation) about getting these things working for the distribution. There are a few broken pieces of software lying around that we would like to get included if anyone that can program in C++ or C would like to work on. These are basically just configuration utilities which are missing.
Just send me an email if you want to help out. parspe at hotmail.com