[ale] new Distro

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:29:35 EDT 2007

Patrick:

Not to splash cold water on your plan, but might it be worthwhile to just
take an older distro, and update some of the packages?

WMM

On 8/23/07, Patrick P <parspe at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a project to create a lightweight Linux workstation distro
> for older hardware, mainly PII and PIII machines. The goal is a functional
> desktop with easy installation and configuration. This is not a LiveCD like
> damn small linux but a complete installation distro. We could use a little
> help with testing and a few details if anyone has time or wants to.
> Basically, everything is together but we need to make sure nothing
> important is missing or see if anyone can think of some other applications
> that need to be added. We could also use some help with testing sound,
> printing , and possibly getting together some information (documentation)
> about getting these things working for the distribution. There are a few
> broken pieces of software lying around that we would like to get included if
> anyone that can program in C++ or C would like to work on. These are
> basically just configuration utilities which are missing.
> Just send me an email if you want to help out. parspe at hotmail.com

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2