[ale] Car PC's and internet radio?

Brian Pitts bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu
Tue Apr 24 19:07:45 EDT 2007

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:01:21 danverde wrote:
>  >I installed a pc from  mini-box.org <http://mini-box.org/> in my
> truck.  I am running feisty fawn on it now.
>  >I use it for raido (FM still) and of course mp3's and the occasional
> video.  I have a usb wireless adapter for any hotspot.  And I use
> GPSDrive for maps.

Has anyone tried roadnav? I'm intrigued by it's autorouting capability.

http://roadnav.sourceforge.net/
Roadnav is an in-car navigation system capable of running on a variety
of operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. Roadnav
can obtain a car's present location from a GPS unit, plot street maps of
the area, and provide verbal turn by turn directions to any location in
the USA. Roadnav uses the free TIGER/Line files from the US Census
Bureau to build the maps, along with the GNIS state and topical
gazetteer data from the USGS to identify locations.

-Brian