[ale] OT - alright... google is fun...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 12:03:32 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 10:36 -0500, Preston Boyington wrote:
> 1. http://maps.google.com/maps
> 2. click on "get directions"
> 3. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
> 4. type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
> 5. scroll down to step #23

I saw that a few weeks ago.... at that time, as now, I thought this was
nothing but laziness on Google's part.  Rather than intelligently
determining if point-to-point travel can be completed, they inject
waterways into the process.  Note: it would be interesting to know why
they don't make up waypoints too, instead of routing you to the nearest
city on the coast before injecting the waterways.  I mean really, if man
can travel across water so easily, why direct his travel along roads and
highways in the first place?

-Jim P.