[ale] readonly access for pop3/imap

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 19:42:30 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 19:13 -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Is this for some kind of regulation that states you must keep all mail?

Not quite.  I need to "publish", in semi-realtime, incoming
spam/viri/outscatter to a few researchers.  The idea is to use pop3/imap
to serve it up. They can get what that want, when they want it, via a
pull method (pop3/imap) as opposed to me just fwd'ing any and all crap
to them.  However, I don't want any one person to be able to delete it,
I want to control the deletes on the server.

One other thing I need to figure out is a cmd line way (via cron) to
delete email older than 2 days from a spool file.  Right now I do it
manually, but it would be nice to automate.

Thx,

-Jim P.