[ale] Where2Dispose UPS batteries ?

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 5 14:10:46 EDT 2007

Actually, they return them to an EPA certified recycling center, and
there, they separate them into their component parts. The Acid (what
little is in a VRLA) is recycled or neutralized, the lead is removed and
resmelted using a special smelter that scrubs the exhaust gasses, and
the plastic is recycled.

Most commodity batteries made today use mostly recycled lead, and only
premium batteries and specialty batteries are made with pure virgin
lead.

Dan