[ale] Thunderbird attahcements don't work, anyone else made it work?

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Nov 7 15:23:44 EST 2006

I've noticed that some attachments open inline, since I do have that
option file/open attachments inline, but others don't and I don't seem
to be able to associate file types with programs.
When I go to preferences/attachments/view & edit view and edit actions/
I get a screen that won't let me do anything.  The only thing I can do
is close.  There are no extensions, file type or action in the table.
Searhing doesn't do squat and clear just clears what I typed in.  There
doesn't seem to be an "add action" option.

This is version 1.5.0.4 on Linux.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jim.