[ale] Comcast HSI was Re: 10M service

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed May 31 20:48:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 20:13 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Well, I've just had a non HSI experience with Comcast NO customer
> service.  Had a service call scheduled for last saturday AM.  I told
> them to call me on my cell phone before they came and they agreed.  I
> went to a neighbor's house at 9:50.  Returned around 11:30 to find a
> work  order on the door from comcast with 'sorry we mist you, 9:30'  No,
> that's not a typo, that's what the note said.

> #1.  I was here until 9:50, so either the tech doesn't know how to tell
> time, or doesn't know how to ring a doorbell.

> #2.  I was never called as they stated they would.

	They swear they always call first.  But, in all my experience with them
for both cable and HSI, I've never had them call, even when they've
shown up for a scheduled call.

> #3. My wife was home the whole time I was gone.

	We had a similar experience.  We had a service call scheduled for a
particular time and we were both at home the entire scheduled time from
an hour before until late that evening.  They didn't even leave a note.
But when we checked with them later by phone they claimed that the
service person had called and nobody was home.  They swore up and down
that they always call in advance.  I have logging caller-id (CyberGenie
phone system) with complete call logs and knew they were lying through
their teeth.  I don't think it has dawning on those lying fools that
some of us can track that and can tell when we are being lied to.

> I called them back, and told the drone what had transpired.  He said
> he'd see about getting the tech to come back out.  Never saw anyone.

> Called them back Tuesday after the holiday.  The best they can do is get
> someone out here tomorrow.  I requested to speak to a supervisor, no can
> do.  They'll have one call me.  Wednesday night, still no call from a
> supervisor.

	Been round that track several times with both BellSouth and Comcast.
When Comcast finally resolved our problems, someone did call to
apologize profusely for the inordinate delays (several days without
service due to a cable cut) and the miscues.  Not sure I was convinced.

> I don't know who's worse in customer service BellSouth or Comcast.

	I can answer that one.  Both...  Both are abysmal.  You can't rank them
once they are this rank.

	Mostly, though, I can chalk BS up to just plain old incompetence bred
from the monopolistic mindset.  Majority of them react to "ISDN" and ask
how to spell it.  Tell them "POTS" and they think it's a competitor
(really, one BS rep really thought a POTS circuit was a circuit from
another company).  But I don't GENERALLY get the same feeling of being
blatantly lied to, the way I feel after talking with Comcast.

> I'm about to cancel the whole bloody service.  There's not that much
> worth watching on TV anymore anyway.

	Mike