[ale] Which chip would you select?

Barlow, Jim D jim.d.barlow at intel.com
Tue May 16 08:18:57 EDT 2006

Mike

I would go with the dual core in a heartbeat.  I do a lot of compiling
and would find that beneficial.

The dual core is much more beneficial than the Hyperthreading even at
the slower socket speed, if you are doing multitasking.   If you are
running a single single threaded application, the Pentium 4 might be
just fine.

The 945 is a much more capable chipset than the 865 -- two generations
farther ahead.

- Jim