[ale] Asterisk Success

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jan 1 16:57:46 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 01:56:15AM -0500, Tony Carter wrote:
> I have several clients using Asterisk with much success. I don't understand
> what your intended use is, can you explain.

My intended use is to accept one T1 line from the telco and have
the equivalent analog lines going to modems.  That means I will need
at least 24 FX0 ports on that PC.  I intend to only use a handful of ATA adapaters.  I will not be dealing with a bunch of handsets attached to the PBX via VOIP.  This will be all analog connections to the PBX and then out the T1 line.

My understanding with the hardware available is that you can't have 24 FXO ports on a PC because you may not have enough PCI slots.