[ale] wireless Lan card in Dell XPS laptop & SUSE 10.0

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Jan 1 14:29:57 EST 2006

well, I just today finally got my Intel Pro2195ABG  wireless Lan
working on this new laptop!!

2 things I was missing:
1-ipw-firmware rpm was NOT installed, so I used YOU to install
ipw-firmware-5-6.rpm
after that, iwconfig showed my wireless connection as eth1, and it came
up.
2.I still couldn't connect, so I ...kicked the tires a bit, played with
it, rebooted a few times, and now I notice that kinternet is in the
tray, showing the wireless connection! and I have web!!!

so, what's the best way for me to do email with the laptop and desktop,
and about 5 email addresses-ISP , yahoo, and a domain that is hosted
by gate.com???
I'm not sure I can run my own domain/mail server with Bellsouth.net..
or can I?? If I wanted to host my own domain on my desktop box, would
Bellsouth cancel me? how about the mail server?
and if I wanted to attempt this, what would I need to read up on??

oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
did anyone see Dick Clark last night???we fell asleep, and I only saw
him for a second after midnight.. that was painfull!!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800