[ale] Playing DVDs on FC1

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 28 16:12:05 EST 2006

Under suse the link http://www.iiv.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/downloads/script_rpm4/install_libdvdcss2 is a script that will download the decryption library for dvds and compile and install it for you.  Now, this is under suse.  So you would have to take a look at the script and see how to modify it for fedora core1, if that is possible.  Once this is installed, Mplayer under suse from packman will pick that right up and use it.  Don't know about Xine or Ogle except you will need that library to view typical commercial DVDs for sure.  The read error on Ogle makes me wonder if that is all your missing.  Any reason you can't update to SUSE9.x or 10 and use the packman rpms of Mplayer, Win32codecs and so on?  Makes it very convenient.
Dow