[ale] Ga tech

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Fri Feb 24 17:11:18 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:54:04PM -0500, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
For funsies, I spent some time today looking at the curriculum for
the Bachelor of Software Engineering degree at Auburn; this is the
successor to the computer engineering curriculum I took there:

http://eng.auburn.edu/programs/comp/programs/undergraduate/programs/software-engineering.html

It looks like they've dropped some topics, such as graphics and
compiler construction, from the core (still available as electives), and
added topics such as networking, QA and computer ethics (!) in addition
to business ethics (!!), but it's pretty much the same - a definitely-
not-shallow dive into the inner workings of software and even a bit of
hardware for good measure.  Auburn also offers a "computer engineering"
option for its B.E.E. degree.  The electrical and CS/SWE departments
jointly offer a Bachelor of Wireless Engineering degree, thanks to
the alum (Ginn) who made his fortune off that technology.