[ale] Ga tech

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Feb 21 09:10:06 EST 2006

Braino420 wrote:
> Hrm, I always thought the whole outsourcing thing was way overblown and
> mainly hype. I didn't think GA Tech would change their whole CS curriculum
> over it. What do you guys think?

Well, it's certainly not overblown from my perspective.  That is one of
the main reasons I left AT&T a few years ago, because I could see the
writing on the wall.  I had been writing code for AT&T for over 10 years
and was with AT&T Labs at the time.  There was a ton of stuff being
outsourced.  Either that, or h1b's being hired.  Either way, they were
reducing their cost by going with cheaper programming.  I can remember
having to have a conference call with some folks in India.  The time
difference made it quite difficult to schedule.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

War never solved anything, well, except slavery, fascism and communism