[ale] g77 vs gfortran

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Feb 21 06:14:49 EST 2006

Dow_Hurst wrote:
> I've switched to opensuse 10.0 from novell on my laptop and noticed
> that g77 is now gfortran. A particular fortran program I've used for
> several years now doesn't compile with gfortran.  Is the solution to
> download the g77 source and compile it?  I don't think there is a
> version of g77 precompiled for opensuse 10.0 is there?  I have the
> support of the programmer who wrote the program so I can give him
> feedback.  Isn't open source great?!  I just wondered if others have
> run into this problem and downloaded an older compiler version to fix
> it. Thanks, Dow

Hey Dow!

Is it a different compiler all together, or is it simply an update with
a new name.  What kind of errors are you getting?  From my (very) old
fortran days, I would expect that any reasonable fortran programmer
should be able to resolve these issues.

What kind of errors are you getting?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

War never solved anything, well, except slavery, fascism and communism