[ale] Ga Tech changes emphasis of Computer Science

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Feb 20 20:59:35 EST 2006

> Fundamentally, I think you can be much more effective at
> *any* role in the computer business, if you can program.

Very insightful. My experience is a good programmer can -do-
anything, hardware, network management, sysadmin, project management...
They aren't always the best, nor is the temperment always desirable
when doing things they don't want to do that they feel is 'beneath' them.

But they CAN.

Even some simple programming skills changes the way you think about ANY
problem in th ecomputer world.