[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Feb 20 07:09:53 EST 2006

On Sun February 19 2006 11:34 pm, Rob Fauls wrote:
> pop uses 110, but when you run a server, you use SMTP, which uses
> port 25. ?You can use any dsl provider...bellsotuh is jsut the big
> dog. ?now we just gotta wait for enough people to complain about
> port blocking for bellsouth to realize it isnt really a good thing
> for anyone that wants "real" internet. ?(ok, so that was just me
> griping, but still...)

well, I also have that issue... I USED to use Mercury32 as my own mail
server, when I ran WIndowz... until my ISP  & other ISPs started
banning it for "relaying" mail. I had it locked down so only mail from
ME could be sent.
Right now I am out in the sticks, not able to get comcast, so I went
with Bellsouth, to get a phone # AND DSL. BUT I also made the mistake
of getting extended local service to Atlanta, so they are raking me
over the coals, charging big bucks for Atlanta service from 706.
I just checked their web site and mine and my neighbors #'s were not
found. I have been here 6 months, he has been here a year and a half.

I wonder if they go out to Athens...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800