[ale] OT: MicorCenter and new iMacs

fletch at phydeaux.org fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Feb 1 15:41:42 EST 2006

> I'm sure there will be new models introduced with higher clock speeds when
> as
> replacements to the Power Mac G5 line for high-end professional users
> (especially once more of the high-end software is re-compiled so it runs
> natively on Intel processors).  But, for an initial release, it makes
> sense to
> go with a slower, but cheaper processor, especially when you're paying a
> premium already for the Mac logo.

And keep in mind that the iMacs are the "consumer" grade machines.  If you
look at iBooks versus Powerbooks the later usually are a generation of
processor ahead of the former (of course since they've run into the G4
wall it's not as pronounced a difference as it used to be).

And as for high-end software, WoW's already a Universal binary.  What more
do you need? :)

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'