[ale] APC UPS and linux

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 30 18:52:18 EST 2006

I've recently purchased an APC UPS (BackUPS XS 1500) for use with a few
servers I have here at home and a desktop.  I understand there's an
apcupsd package that can be installed.

I assume I can just plug the power cords of the machines into the UPS,
hook the USP cable from the UPS to one of the machines, and then
install apcupsd on that machine, correct?

Is there any sort of GUI for monitoring?

--
Cheers,
Trey

Nature abhors a hero.  For one thing, he violates the law of
conservation of energy.  For another, how can it be the survival of the
fittest when the fittest keeps putting himself in situations where he
is most likely to be creamed?
		-- Solomon Short

Linux laptop 2.6.16.21-0.25-default i686 GNU/Linux
  6:44pm  up  10:43,  6 users,  load average: 1.22, 0.60, 0.38