[ale] DHCP name resolution REAL sloooooow.....

Randal Jarrett rsj at radio.org
Fri Dec 15 13:44:30 EST 2006

That is a strange setup.  From the next message I am gathering that
192.168.1.254 is your gateway/router or their modem?

If it is the ISPs modem get yourself a router, something like a
Linksys.

Now back to the problem,  that isn't a valid setup for your
resolv.conf unless the gateway/modem/router is a dns server.

The ones given in the following message are good ones except
it is usually best to use your ISPs dns servers first and
only use the others for backup.

Check with your ISP and find out what the real dns servers are
and put them in the resolv.conf.

Then put one or more of the others.
   nameserver 4.2.2.4
   nameserver 4.2.2.3