[ale] DHCP name resolution REAL sloooooow.....

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 14 23:09:31 EST 2006

James,

See the attachments for answers to your questions, please.

I am using the nameservers you suggested and they don't seem to make
much difference vis-a-vis the bellsouth ones.

What I'm noticing is that the URL numeric address is usually immediately
found but then there is often a LOOOOOONG pause before any activity.

All slots on this machine are used so I'm forced to use an old external
parallel port NIC [module de620] that is possibly the problem, though it
does work. When I "networking restart" that'll sometimes stimulate it
into action. I'm also using "pump -i eth0" to initiate DHCP, if it's of
consequence.

Thank you, as always, for your advice,

Courtney