[ale] Greetings and introduction-weather for linux

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Apr 19 12:47:50 EDT 2006

On Wed April 19 2006 11:29 am, William Fragakis wrote:
> And.. Weather Bug? Many of us have spent countless hours getting
> that OFF machines. And, Quicktime displays just fine thank you -even
> on a Linux thin client. Linux does have certain issues but having
> used Macs for years, they did/do to. The point is that the overall
> experience was so superior that it was worth it. As always, YMMV.

weather bug, bonzi buddy... all kinds of windows apps that "phone home"
or just send your data back ...
as for SUSE, I use kweather in my system tray, shows me the current
conditions and I can click to bring up the BIG window. Firefox has a
wonderful app that goes at the bottom of the window called
forecastfox, configurable to show all kinds of things in little
windows- current conditions, todays forecast, tomorrows forecast, and
a radar map.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800