[ale] Possibly OT, but I have TV question

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 09:21:05 EDT 2005

All,

Does anyone know of a wireless solution for getting HDTV signals
throughout a house?

Either a full cable wireless repeater or just take the output of my
DVR and send it out wirelessly, or somehow biggie back on my wireless
IP LAN.

I don't really care if it is dedicated transmitter/reciever, or
Windows, or Linux based IP clients.  (I use a wireless router to get
Internet to the rest of the house, so an IP based solution would be
perfect.)

==== Why this may relate to computers :)

I was just reading about the slingbox.  http://www.slingmedia.com

Interesting new technology that lets a IP connected client watch TV
remotely (ie. anywhere on the Internet).  It sounds really intrigueing
and may do the above perfectly, but it appears to be regular
definition only.

FYI: The slingbox does not have Component Inputs, so I assume it only
handles regular def. signals.  Even that is better than what I have,
but High Def. would be perfect.

FYI2: Costco has a noname 27" LCD HDTV for $699 right now.  I'd love
to get something like that working in my bedroom.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer