[ale] Screwed by PPP0E

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 31 09:48:33 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 09:30, James Sumners wrote:
> It sounded to me like you were saying because of PPPoE you would
> experience downtime in the future. I agree that a switch in the middle
> of the night on a holiday weekend without notice is really crappy.
> Someone made a bad decision there.

That is correct.  At home I converted to the new PPPOE and fast speed.
I've went from 0 downtime to one or two reboots a month on the GDuo.
The only reason why I did not want to switch at this remote was because
I wanted 0 downtime.  I did not even want the hour required the set it
up.  Otherwise I would have converted a year ago to get faster speed.