[ale] USB external HDD

Richard Atcheson ratcheson at earthlink.net
Tue May 31 01:06:36 EDT 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 10:26 pm, H. A. Story wrote:
> Then later I will have to wonder what is the best cross platform format.
> FAT,FAT32,NTFS,or Linux) probably the old FAT32 so I can read/write with
> ? Linux and Windows.

 Adrin;

	I have been using the Coolmax enclosure for the 2.5 inch ide drives.  I've
installed several laptop type drives into that enclosure and simply plugging
them into the USB port has worked fine.  I've had the drives formatted for
FAT32, and Reiser and EXT2 and all working fine.  My linux is SuSE 9.2 and
9.3.

	SuSE detected the drive and started them up without any additional drives or
effort.  A real no brainer!
Richard