[ale] tomcat woes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 24 20:47:59 EDT 2005

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 20:03 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>James P. Kinney III wrote:
>>

>>>No joy yet. I added an explicit classpath for the location of the jar
>>>file collection I'm trying to hit. The log file shows the following:
>>>

>>>May 24, 2005 7:50:15 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>>INFO: Marking servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.OpenHouse as
>>>unavailable
>>>May 24, 2005 7:50:15 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>>SEVERE: Error loading WebappClassLoader
>>>  delegate: false
>>>  repositories:
>>>----------> Parent Classloader:
>>>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader at 2a15cd
>>> OpenHouse
>>>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: OpenHouse
>>
>>What browser are you testing it with?  Try running it via mozilla and
>>then check out the 'tools->web development->java console' output.
>

> I am using firefox. I have a tools->web developer -> {loads of stuff}
>
> I thought the java console was for tinkering with java applets that were
> downloaded. This is a java servlet that is _supposed_ to kick out a
> database backed web page.

It's been a while, but I know we used it extensively with servlet
applications.  Thing is, it's not finding the class, so I'd suspect it's
still path related.

open it up and set the trace level to 5 and see what it spews out.  The
'dump classloader list' option might prove to be helpful as well.

Again, it's been a while.

--
Until later, Geoffrey