[ale] Please help Drew fix his browser problem

ChangingLINKS.com groups at changinglinks.com
Sat May 21 13:46:10 EDT 2005

On Friday May 20 2005 12:01, James Sumners wrote:
> No one is going to accept some "challenge" so that they can spend
> their free time fixing your, or any one else's, machine.

Yes. That was only in the event that I won. I had a consequence if I lost also
- and the challenge was accepted. End of issue.

> Upgrade Firefox. That is a severly old version. Had you read my
> original response to your problems you would have already done this.

Yes. I had tried that before you even posted. As I mentioned before, Linux
admins have attempted to fix this problem before. That means the obvious
stuff (like "upgrade") have been tried. Google has been googled, etc.

I THINK that it is not a browser issue completely.
I think (from the error messages) that it has to do with XFree86.
I have tried approaching the problem that way - without success.

Also, this problem is NOT just with 0.9.1.
It happens with ALL mozilla browsers.

I stuck with 0.9.1 because after I upgraded to any higher version, I lost
highlight cut and paste functionality. (I can't stand having to right click
and select "copy") The middle mouse button is my friend.

Any suggestions on diagnosing the problem?
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown