[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:10:15 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> I lost more data when I ran as a user. In fact, the only data I have
> ever lost was during the time that I ran as a user. One thing that I
> think your camp is overlooking is the fact that someone (like me) can
> run as root AND still implement other features in the OS to protect
> from viruses, data loss and the like.
>
> THAT is why I put forth the challenge. To prove that I can run as
> root AND brush off the problems that your camp poses - including
> ruining "the World"
>
> Hope you all are backing out . . . .

If you can implement other features in the OS, then you're smarter then
you lead on... even *I* can't do that.  While I can take advantage of
what is there already, I am certainly no kernel hacker.

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!