[ale] How to burn a bootable Debian Sarge cd

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun May 15 22:13:12 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 09:12:09PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> "Bootableness" is determined when making the iso (mkisofs), not when
> burning it (cdrecord).   You need to specify one or more options (el
> torito, generic, sparc, etc) to the make process.  This will create the
> correct sequence in the first part of the image.
>
> As for the debian iso image, where did it come from.  There are plenty
> of bad/questionable ones out there.

Hi Jim,

I pulled the iso from a link on the Debian site. I pulled it from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/. Thanks for the direction
on correct use of mkisofs parameters. I will give that a try next time.

Later,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.