[ale] How to burn a bootable Debian Sarge cd

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 21:20:20 EDT 2005

"Bootableness" is determined when making the iso (mkisofs), not when
burning it (cdrecord).   You need to specify one or more options (el
torito, generic, sparc, etc) to the make process.  This will create the
correct sequence in the first part of the image.

As for the debian iso image, where did it come from.  There are plenty
of bad/questionable ones out there.

-Jim P.