[ale] How to burn a bootable Debian Sarge cd

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun May 15 22:20:24 EDT 2005

Initially you said you were using cdrecord to burn the CD and now you
say that you were using Nautilus. While Nautilus may use cdrecord
"behind the scenes" you were not using cdrecord so you should have
stated that. I would have given a much different response.

"I still used Nautilus however I right clicked on the iso file and
selected "burn
cd" instead of dropping it in the CD/DVD Creator window. For whatever
the difference is, it worked great that way."

The difference is that you actually burned the image as it should be
burned instead of burning the image file to CD. I am willing to bet
that if you put one of those non-booting CDs in your computer and
mounted it you would see the .iso file on the CD.