[ale] How to burn a bootable Debian Sarge cd

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun May 15 21:17:30 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 08:04:52PM -0400, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Under xcdroast there is a bootable check box when defining the
> settings for the burn.  Haven't found the same under K3b.  Isn't the
> format different for a bootable CD?  Some spec about Toledo?  Can't
> remember if I've read anything about this in the past.  I've burned
> iso bootable images in K3b with no problem.  Under XCDRoast I had to
> check that box to make it bootable or else the image wasn't burned
> correctly.
>
> Probably needs some googling to find the answer.  Dow

Thanks to all that replied. I was using Nautilus to burn the cd. I still
used Nautilus however I right clicked on the iso file and selected "burn
cd" instead of dropping it in the CD/DVD Creator window. For whatever
the difference is, it worked great that way. I took the cd, booted my
mom's computer and now have it up and running with Debian Sarge. One of
these days I will figure out why I can't burn a cd from the command line
with cdrecord :-\

Later,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.