[ale] OT: BestBuy PSP

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jun 14 18:56:55 EDT 2005

Maybe someone here has a similar story.

I received a letter in the mail to renew my PSP plan on my laptop.  I
was thinking about doing it but the cost is almost at what the laptop is
now worth.  I may also buy a new one in 3 years.

My concern is that the letter stated that I needed to renew to protect
my laptop from normal wear and tear.  That brought up a red flag.  When
I bought the laptop I specifically asked the guy if it covered me
dropping it.  He stated that it did and as long as they got the laptop
back they would fix it.  Losing it in Lake Lanier would not get it
fixed.  I guess I should have recorded him.  My wife and I was there and
we heard it.  Obviously I was lied to.