[ale] Question about Access Points

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Tue Jun 14 17:11:03 EDT 2005

Linksys WRT54G, I believe, will provide this function.

The sveasoft, openwrt or other third party firmware will make it even
more functional.

See:  http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=991299&page=1 on
discussion of how to make turn off the Gateway functionality.

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
Christopher Fowler
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 6:29 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] Question about Access Points

All this talk about AP's makes me want to ask a question.  I'm in need
to an Access Point.  Not a router.  I originally bought Linksys B model
Access Point + Router assuming that I can make it become an Access Point
only.  However it will not allow me to that and wants to be a router.
Is there any AP's out there in retail anymore that can be configured to
not be a rotuer/firewall and simply be an AP for my Ethernet home
network. I want my Linux DHCP server to serve all my wireless clients
and I want them to be on the same subnet as my DHCP server.

PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL  information that is intended only for use by
the   named recipient. If you are not the named recipient,  any disclosure,
dissemination, or action based on   the contents of this message is
prohibited. In such  case please notify us and destroy and delete all