[ale] turnabout!!

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jun 2 00:48:38 EDT 2005

 All we could find so far are programs that

On Wednesday June 01 2005 18:12, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> I know I do ;o)

I "like" it, however, I'll hold out for the day they aren't searching for a
Windows solution.

(from http://phpbbhost.co.uk/jokes.html - sorry if you've seen it already):

Is Windows a Virus?

No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

1.They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
2.Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do
so - okay, Windows does that.
3.Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does
that too.
4.Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable
programs and systems. - Sigh.. Windows does that, too.
5.Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow
(see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. - Yup, Windows does that, too.
Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences:
Viruses are well supported by their Authors, are running on most systems,
their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become
more sophisticated as they mature.
So Windows is not a virus.
It's a bug.

--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown