[ale] comcast static IP?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 22 22:03:15 EST 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 21:05 -0500, Pete Hardie wrote:
>

>>It's BellSouth's line - but not the tech's line to make private calls
>>on.
>

> Really?  Ever call your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend from work?

I did it all the time when I worked for AT&T, but it was permitted. It's
a totally different issue.  The line I call my wife from is not leased
to a customer.

>>If I found out that a tech was using one of the lines into *MY*
>>premises
>

> According to Geoff the tech wasn't inside his premises, the tech was
> outside using BellSouth's line (it could have been a non-BellSouth
> employee too).

Well, it was a BellSouth tech, so don't try to cloud the issue.  And the
fact that he interrupted my service for his personal use, has nothing to
do with whether he was inside my house, on the pole, or at the central
office.  Dude, I worked for AT&T when BellSouth was part of them, I know
what is acceptable and this is not.

>>to make personal calls, obstructing my use of a service I pay
>>for, you can bet I'll be hot -
>

> As long as you have the right, go ahead.  I would bet you don't if you
> read the fine print.

Again try to cloud the issue with information you don't even have.  I
assure you, it's not an acceptable thing for them to do.

>>it's not like he was checking the line by calling his workmate,
>

> How do you know this?  We only have Geoff's (admittedly a disgruntled
> and angry customer) side of the story.  Perhaps Geoff misunderstood the
> conversation, or perhaps the woman on the line was the lineman's
> workmate.

Again, you attempt to cloud the issue by calling me a liar.  At the
time, I was not a disgruntled customer.  I was working from home and it
was my line used for business.  Further, it doesn't really matter who he
was talking to, the language he used was totally inappropriate to be
using it on a customer's line.

But, that doesn't matter. He was dead wrong.  The fact that it
apparently is a common practice speaks to BellSouth's integrity.

--
Until later, Geoffrey