[ale] comcast static IP?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 21:32:53 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 21:05 -0500, Pete Hardie wrote:

> It's BellSouth's line - but not the tech's line to make private calls
> on.

Really?  Ever call your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend from work?

> If I found out that a tech was using one of the lines into *MY*
> premises

According to Geoff the tech wasn't inside his premises, the tech was
outside using BellSouth's line (it could have been a non-BellSouth
employee too).

> to make personal calls, obstructing my use of a service I pay
> for, you can bet I'll be hot -

As long as you have the right, go ahead.  I would bet you don't if you
read the fine print.

> it's not like he was checking the line by calling his workmate,

How do you know this?  We only have Geoff's (admittedly a disgruntled
and angry customer) side of the story.  Perhaps Geoff misunderstood the
conversation, or perhaps the woman on the line was the lineman's
workmate.

-Jim P.