[ale] [OT] I just bought an iBook, what now

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 17 22:38:14 EST 2005

Google NAMD.
Go to the home page and go on thru the download link.
Download the Mac version.  (Register your name with them, they are harmless)
Go the VMD page and download it too.  Add plugins if you want.

Now you can go get Protein Data Bank files (Google that too).  You can
download any of the thousands of protein files in "pdb" form to
visualize in VMD or do calculations on in NAMD.
These are free packages that are extremely powerful and scriptable.

After doing all that maybe you should look into Fink and Pymol.

You gotten a good dose of science on a Mac after this,
Dow