[ale] hack attempts

James Baldwin jbaldwin at antinode.net
Fri Feb 11 19:37:15 EST 2005

On 11 Feb 2005, at 14:59, Jason Day wrote:

> I'm completely ignorant when it comes to IPv6 and how it compares with
> IPv4.  I wasn't aware that IPv6 was unscanable, for instance.  Do you
> have any pointers to more information?

IPv6 is not unscanable. Rather it is inefficient to scan random IPs
looking for vulnerable hosts. The address range for IPv6 is that
enormous. This could change if the address space fills up sufficiently,
or other better manners of scanning hosts are discovered but that is
unlikely in the near term. Hopefully by the time this happens there
will be better anomaly at the edges so the provider would detect a
scan.