[ale] multiple network setups (wireless)?

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Sat Nov 20 23:43:18 EST 2004

>From the homepage (http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/waproamd/): "You can
priorize networks over others by adding symbolic links to the default script to
/etc/waproamd/scripts."

I know of no other program that does anything like this. It would be really nice
if someone would write a Gnome (or just GTK+ based) app that would let you
configure several network profiles and try to connect to them in order of
preference. KWiFiManger (http://kwifimanager.sourceforge.net/) exists for KDE
but it sucked last time I used it. Could I quit complaining and write one
myself? Sure, if I were not concentrating on school.

If you are really interested in Linux and wireless you should read through --
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ --. It is full of links to
applications (specifically at the bottom of
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Tools.html) and alternate
drivers. This page is indispensible if you are seriously working with wireless
and Linux (as I do at work).

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59