[ale] multiple network setups (wireless)?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Fri Nov 19 22:26:11 EST 2004

I have a wireless laptop running Debian (mepis linux, technically) and I use
it at work/school and at home.   At home, I have no encryption, since I use
MAC address filtering.

At school, however, we have 128 bit WEP.  Does anyone on the list know how to
get it so that when I boot, it can figure out where I am and configure
accordingly, or alternatively how I can get grub to boot to a specific net
configuration?

I currently just let the network auto-detect fail, then manually run a script
that sets iwconfig options and then does an "ifup eth0" at the end.  This is
hackish and while it works, I'd like to find out how one goes about doing
this the "right" way.  Thanks for the input!

-Jay