[ale] Image programs for Linux?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Nov 18 08:36:57 EST 2004

ImageMagik has already been offered. So I'll chime in with the kick-butt
tool from imagemagik, the CLI command convert. It can rescale, crop,
change to image type from * to *, it slices, it dices, and it's not as
messy as the sledge-o-matic. It can be run by a web script to mangle
images on the fly. I use it often for mass-mutilation, er, cropping and
rescaling, of entire directories of images to produce thumbnails.